Pre-Judicial Legal Experience
Prosecuting Attorney, Jefferson County Municipal Court (2011 to 2017)
- Served for six years as the full-time prosecuting attorney for the Jefferson County Municipal Court.
- Responsible for the prosecution of more than 20,000 cases per year arising from violations of Jefferson County Ordinances, ranging from low-level traffic cases to more serious offenses including driving while intoxicated, assault, and leaving the scene of an accident, as well as animal attacks, cruelty, and neglect.
Assistant County Counselor, St. Louis County (2008 to 2011)
- Prosecuted violations of St. Louis County Ordinances.
- Represented St. Louis County in civil cases involving mental health commitments, concealed carry permits, and other civil lawsuits against the County.
Associate at The Schnaare Law Firm in Hillsboro, Missouri (2007 to 2008)
- Represented clients in cases ranging from real estate disputes to estate planning needs.
- Acted as court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for minors involved in custody dispute cases.
Assistant Attorney General, State of Missouri (2005 to 2007)
- Represented the State of Missouri in appeals from felony convictions, drafting approximately 150 briefs defending the convictions (with a success rate of more than 90%).
- Argued numerous cases before the Missouri Supreme Court and the Eastern, Western, and Southern District Courts of Appeals, including one case while still in Law School before passing the bar exam.